(old spelling Carlsborg)
Basically, we can't know what work was done that warrented a crown stamp or crown/letter stamp. A plain crown stamp means the rifle was inspected, test fired and sighted in. A major repair would include the crown/letter stamp. If the barrel was replaced, the same stamp is placed on the barrel. Spare barrels manufactured in 1955 and later have the last digit of the bore diameter stamped close to the muzzle.
- crown/C Carl Gustaf, Eskiltuna
One other also shows up: NP for Norma Precision. Many target rifles belonging to members
- crown/S Stockholms Tygstation, Stockholm
- crown/K Karlsborg Tygstation, Karlsborg
- crown/CB Karlsborg Tygstation, Karlsborg (Carlsborg, old spelling)
- crown/B Bodens Tygstation, Boden
- crown/Gg A2:s Tygstation, Goteborg
- crown/Ch A3:s Tygstation, Christianstad (Kristianstad
- crown/O A4:s Tygstation, Ostersund
- crown/G A7:s Tygstation, Gotland
of the shooting clubs had rifles worked on at Norma.
If you have a clear,
sharp photo of a wrist cartouche that's not represented here and would like to see it displayed here,
please email me.
Return to index
D.L.van den Brink
No photos or text may be copied
or used without written permission